Hairdressing and Beauty Salon Managers and Proprietors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
More about this Career
New workers start around £9647. Normal pay is £20253 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37365.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Ensures clients.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Skills Employers are looking for