NCOs and Other Ranks
Those holding jobs in this unit group are full-time members of the armed forces of the UK, the Commonwealth and other foreign countries and perform military duties for which there is no civilian equivalent.
More about this Career
New workers start around £0. Normal pay is £0 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £0.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Leads and trains new recruits and lower ranks, looks after their discipline and welfare.
- Patrols areas of possible military activity.
- Undertakes specialist activities such as operating communications equipment, driving military vehicles.
- Trains and exercises using various military equipment and tactics.
- Stands watch and guards military establishments and other buildings.
- Engages in peacekeeping operations and enforces ceasefire agreements.
- Takes part in military operations in situations of conflict and provides aid if required in emergency situations such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents.
- Monitors, operates, services and repairs military equipment.
- Receives and responds to commands from senior officers.