IT User Support Technicians
IT user support technicians are responsible for providing technical support, advice and guidance for internal/external users of IT systems and applications, either directly or by telephone, e-mail or other network interaction.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17303. Normal pay is £28652 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £44333.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Reports on commonly occurring queries to detect underlying problems.
- Maintains a log of work in progress, calls received, actions taken and problems detected.
- Researches possible solutions in user guides, technical manuals and other documents.
- Refers more complex or intractable problems to appropriate IT professionals.
- Facilitates user access to systems.
- Installs and upgrades hardware, cables, operating systems and/or appropriate software.
- Advises users on how to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Provides technical support to IT users.
Skills Employers are looking for