Information Technology and Telecommunications Professionals
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17991. Normal pay is £35445 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £59536.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised.
- Makes recommendations concerning software/system quality.
- Develops quality standards and validation techniques.
- Develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games.
- Undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions.