IT Business Analysts, Architects and Systems Designers
Workers in this unit group provide advice on the effective utilisation of IT and design IT systems in order to meet the business objectives or to enhance the business effectiveness of the organisation.
More about this Career
New workers start around £21248. Normal pay is £37242 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £62555.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Works closely with clients to implement new systems.
- Researches, analyses, evaluates and monitors network infrastructure and performance.
- Examines existing business models and flows of data and designs functional specifications and test plans for new systems in order to meet clients.
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments.
- Communicates the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advises upon the potential introduction of such technology.
- Undertakes feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and presents proposals to clients.
- Liaises with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients.
Skills Employers are looking for