Residential, Day and Domiciliary Care Managers and Proprietors
Managers and proprietors in this group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources necessary in the provision and running of residential and day care establishments and domiciliary care services for persons who require specialised care and/or supervision.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17315. Normal pay is £30286 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £55875.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Ensures that the physical comfort and all material needs of service users are provided and attempts to resolve problems that may arise.
- Creates a friendly, secure atmosphere to gain the trust and confidence of those using the service.
- Assesses service users.
- Maintains contact between service users and the local community and/or family and friends.
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and adheres to health, safety and other statutory requirements.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for