Nursery Nurses and Assistants
Nursery nurses and assistants care for children from birth up to seven years of age in day or residential nurseries, children’s homes, maternity units and similar establishments.
More about this Career
New workers start around £6295. Normal pay is £13700 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £21017.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Communicates with parents and colleagues on children.
- Writes reports on children.
- Reads stories, organises counting games to help develop language and number skills.
- Plans and organises games and other activities and supervises children.
- Supervises young children at mealtimes.
- Baths, dresses, prepares feed for and feeds babies, changes babies clothing whenever necessary.
Skills Employers are looking for