Higher Education Teaching Professionals
Higher education teaching professionals deliver lectures and teach students to at least first degree level, undertake research and write journal articles and books in their chosen field of study.
More about this Career
New workers start around £14646. Normal pay is £51267 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £84534.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Undertakes research, writes articles and books and attends conferences and other meetings.
- Directs the work of postgraduate students.
- Participates in decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, departmental and other matters.
- Provides pastoral care or guidance to students.
- Advises students on academic matters and encourages independent research.
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials.