Driving instructors co-ordinate and undertake the instruction of people learning to drive cars, motorcycles, buses and haulage vehicles.
More about this Career
New workers start around £10180. Normal pay is £24136 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37301.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Advises pupil when to apply for theoretical and practical driving tests and familiarises them with test procedures and standards.
- Familiarises pupil with the Highway Code and different road and traffic conditions.
- Explains driving techniques and assists pupil with difficulties.
- Plans lessons in accordance with the needs and abilities of individual pupils.
- Checks instruction and learning standards and discusses teaching plans with other instructors.
Skills Employers are looking for