Van drivers collect, transport and deliver goods in vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes in weight.
More about this Career
New workers start around £7952. Normal pay is £20251 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33678.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Undertakes minor repairs and notifies supervisor of any mechanical faults.
- Maintains records of journey times, mileage and hours worked.
- Drives vehicle to destination in accordance with schedule.
- Assists with loading/unloading and obtains receipts from customers for goods collected/delivered.
- Drives vehicle from depot to loading/unloading point.
- Checks tyres, brakes, lights, oil, water and fuel levels and general condition of the vehicle.
Skills Employers are looking for