Scaffolders, Stagers and Riggers
Job holders in this unit group erect and dismantle scaffolding and working platforms, set up lifting equipment and shipsâ€™ rigging, maintain and repair steeples, industrial chimneys and other tall structures and install, maintain and repair ropes, wires and cables.
More about this Career
New workers start around £20606. Normal pay is £38325 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58673.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Forms rope slings, ladders, netting and other rigging and measures, cuts and repairs wire or fibre rope.
- Erects jib, derrick and similar hoisting equipment and installs ropes, pulleys and other lifting tackle.
- Lays and secures wooden planking to form working platforms and fixes guard rails, ladders, cradles and awnings as required.
- Examines scaffold tubing and couplings for defects and selects, fits and bolts scaffold tubes until scaffolding reaches required height.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for