Scaffolders, Stagers and Riggers
Job holders in this unit group erect and dismantle scaffolding and working platforms, set up lifting equipment and ships’ rigging, maintain and repair steeples, industrial chimneys and other tall structures and install, maintain and repair ropes, wires and cables.
More about this Career
New workers start around £20606. Normal pay is £38325 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58673.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Forms rope slings, ladders, netting and other rigging and measures, cuts and repairs wire or fibre rope.
- Erects jib, derrick and similar hoisting equipment and installs ropes, pulleys and other lifting tackle.
- Lays and secures wooden planking to form working platforms and fixes guard rails, ladders, cradles and awnings as required.
- Examines scaffold tubing and couplings for defects and selects, fits and bolts scaffold tubes until scaffolding reaches required height.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for