Assemblers and Routine Operatives
Jobholders in this unit group perform assembly and routine operative tasks.
More about this Career
New workers start around £15154. Normal pay is £21927 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33132.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Performs miscellaneous painting and coating tasks not elsewhere classified including, staining articles, applying transfers, operating french polishing machines, removing surplus enamel from components and marking design outlines on articles.
- Sets up and operates machines to apply colour to wallpaper and to coat articles (other than ceramic) with paint, cellulose or other protective/ decorative material.
- Applies enamel to jewellery and coats, lacquers, dips and touches up articles (other than ceramic).
- Rejects faulty assembly components, inspects finished article for faults, monitors assembly machine operation and reports any faults.
- Assembles prepared components in sequence by soldering, bolting, fastening, spot-welding, screwing, nailing, stapling, dipping and fastening using power and hand tools or assembly machine.
- Follows instructions and drawings and positions components on work bench or in assembly machine.