Tyre, Exhaust and Windscreen Fitters
Tyre, exhaust and windscreen fitters fit, repair and adjust tyres, exhausts and windscreens on cars, buses, motorcycles and other motor vehicles.
More about this Career
New workers start around £15668. Normal pay is £23137 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £36494.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Replaces faulty parts of exhaust and refits exhaust or windscreen to vehicle.
- Inflates tyre to correct pressure, refits wheel to axle and balances wheel using balancing machine.
- Separates tyre from wheel and fits replacement tyre using automatic machine or by using a wheel stand and hand tools.
- Removes wheel, exhaust or windscreen using semi-automatic machinery or hand and power tools.
- Carries out inspection and assesses the nature and extent of repair necessary.
Skills Employers are looking for