Rubber Process Operatives
Rubber process operatives attend and operate masticating, calendering, mixing, forming, shaping, moulding, extruding, cutting, trimming and winding machines to make and repair rubber products.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16976. Normal pay is £26373 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41971.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Locates defects and repairs worn and faulty sheathing, belting and rubber and pneumatic tyres.
- Trims, sandblasts, or manipulates rubber article against abrasive wheel to finish product.
- Prepares surfaces and coats or lines metal or other products with rubber.
- Operates winding machinery to form endless belts and builds up rubberised material to form industrial belting and pneumatic tyres.
- Regulates speed, temperature and pressure of masticating, mixing, extruding and vacuum moulding machinery.
- Ascertains ingredients and mixing requirements, feeds machine or regulates flow from feed conveyors and hoppers.
Skills Employers are looking for