Debt, Rent and Other Cash Collectors
Debt, rent and other cash collectors collect payments due or overdue from households and businesses and empty cash from prepayment meters or machines.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13152. Normal pay is £19815 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £36655.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Remits cash, cheques or credit notes to cashier, supervisor or bank, building society or post office.
- Collects tolls from persons wishing to gain access to private roads, bridges, piers, etc. and operates tollgates to control entry.
- Cleans, services and fills vending machines and collects money from meters, vending machines and other cash operated machinery.
- Reads gas, water and electricity meters.
- Records details of transaction, issues receipt or annotates rent book.
- Receives payment at centralised office or calls on household/business premises.
Skills Employers are looking for