Pharmacy and Other Dispensing Assistants
Pharmacy and other dispensing assistants work under the supervision of pharmacists or other relevant health professionals to dispense drugs and medicines, issue pre-packaged prescriptions, sell over-the-counter medication, dispense spectacles and contact lenses and other related products.
More about this Career
New workers start around £6252. Normal pay is £15726 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £27526.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Carries out sales transaction, wraps and packages goods.
- Relays information to customers under the direction of pharmacist or other health professional.
- Arranges displays of merchandise.
- Checks stock levels, rotates stock, orders new stock from supplying companies and ensures that products are stored appropriately.
- Maintains records of prescriptions received and drugs issued.
- Checks received prescriptions for legality and accuracy and confirms patients.
Skills Employers are looking for