Telephone salespersons obtain, receive, process and record telephone orders for goods and services.
More about this Career
New workers start around £14568. Normal pay is £26848 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £49167.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Maintains record of sales statistics, customers contacted and changes to customer details.
- Arranges despatch of goods and services, information and/or brochures to customers.
- Receives orders for goods/services by telephone and records relevant details.
- Quotes prices, credit terms and delivery conditions and records details of orders agreed.
- Telephones potential customers, explains purpose of call, discusses their requirements and advises on the goods/services being offered.
- Learns about the product(s)/service(s) to be sold.
Skills Employers are looking for