Sales and Retail Assistants
Sales and retail assistants demonstrate and sell a variety of goods and services in shops, stores, showrooms and similar establishments.
More about this Career
New workers start around £4985. Normal pay is £12407 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £23128.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Handles returns and deals with customer complaints.
- Arranges and replenishes goods on display stands, undertakes stock checks and assists with the receipt of deliveries from suppliers into the stock room.
- Receives full or partial payment, checks validity of form of payment, writes or prints bill, receipt or docket and packages merchandise for customer.
- Advises customer making major purchase on credit terms and arranges finance as appropriate.
- Advises customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times.
- Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired.
Skills Employers are looking for