Caretakers supervise and undertake the care and maintenance of church, school, office and other buildings, their facilities, fixtures and contents.
More about this Career
New workers start around £5238. Normal pay is £18937 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £27326.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Checks fire and safety equipment for adequate functioning.
- Undertakes minor repairs and notifies owner of need for major repairs.
- Controls heating, lighting and security systems.
- Supervises and/or undertakes the cleaning and maintenance of premises.
- Locks and unlocks doors and entrances at appropriate times.
Skills Employers are looking for