Pest Control Officers
Pest control officers investigate the presence of pests that are hazardous to public health or cause nuisance, lay traps to capture pests and treat areas of infestation.
More about this Career
New workers start around £10455. Normal pay is £22111 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £36560.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Treats wood for effects of termites, woodworm and other infestations of timber.
- Returns to sites to examine contents of traps laid and the continued presence of reported pests.
- Liaises with environmental health officers, housing officers and other relevant authorities where measures on a large scale are required to remove pests.
- Advises property owners on courses of action to prevent the return of pests.
- Lays traps to capture pests, and fumigates and disinfects areas to remove infestations.
- Visits sites to investigate the presence of rodents, infestations and other pests that may be hazardous to public health.
- Receives reports from public, property owners and authorities regarding the presence of pests and infestations.
Skills Employers are looking for