Florists sell flowers and related products in a wholesale or retail business, and design and make up floral bouquets, wreaths, tributes and other floral arrangements for sale to the public.
More about this Career
New workers start around £5469. Normal pay is £11722 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £17931.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Sells flowers, plants, foliage etc. to the public and performs retail duties such as keeping accounts.
- Decorates buildings, halls, churches or other facilities for parties, weddings, etc..
- Confers with and advises customers regarding their design requirements and arranges for the delivery of floral arrangements as requested by the customer.
- Designs and makes up wreaths, bouquets, posies, corsages, headdresses and button holes using appropriate flowers, foliage, frame and trimmings.
- Displays and cares for flowers, plants and ready-made floral arrangements in selling premises.
- Orders and purchases fresh flowers, foliage and other floristry items such as ribbons, wire, cards, artificial flowers etc. from wholesalers or growers.
Skills Employers are looking for