Floorers and Wall Tilers
Floorers and wall tilers lay composition mixtures (other than mastic asphalt) to form flooring, plan, fit and secure carpet, underlay and linoleum and cover and decorate walls and floors with terrazzo and granolithic mixtures, tiles and mosaic panels.
More about this Career
New workers start around £9883. Normal pay is £21200 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31802.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Mixes cement screed or other adhesive, cuts and positions floor and wall tiles and checks alignment of tiling with spirit level.
- Finishes covering by rolling, smoothing, grouting or polishing.
- Examines premises to plan suitable layout and cuts, lays and secures underlay, carpet and linoleum.
- Cleans floor surface, fixes wooden laying guides and mixes, pours and levels granite and terrazzo mixtures, bitumen, synthetic resin or other composition mixtures to form flooring.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for