Steel erectors fit and erect structural metal framework for buildings and other structures such as metal chimneys.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16739. Normal pay is £28200 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £39872.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Checks alignment of metal parts using spirit level and plumb-rule.
- Arranges for or undertakes bolting and welding of metal parts.
- Directs hoisting and positioning of girders and other metal parts and checks alignment.
- Erects ladders, scaffolding or working cage.
- Examines drawings and specifications to assess job requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for