IT engineers install, maintain and repair the physical components of computer systems and equipment.
More about this Career
New workers start around £19440. Normal pay is £31146 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £45388.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Maintains documentation to track and log work in progress and completed.
- Advises on and installs operating soft/firm ware and may carry out upgrades.
- Repairs or replaces defective components.
- Diagnoses hardware related faults.
- Installs, tests and maintains computer-related hardware (processors, memory chips, circuit boards, displays, sensors, data storage devices, printers, etc.) according to given specifications.
Skills Employers are looking for