TV, Video and Audio Engineers
TV, video and audio engineers service and repair domestic television, video and audio appliances.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16936. Normal pay is £27134 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £39542.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Carries out service tasks such as cleaning and insulation testing according to schedule.
- Re-assembles equipment, tests for correct functioning and makes any necessary further adjustments.
- Dismantles equipment and repairs or replaces faulty components or wiring.
- Uses electronic testing equipment to diagnose faults and check voltages and resistance.
- Examines equipment and observes reception to determine nature of defect.
Skills Employers are looking for