Vehicle Paint Technicians
Vehicle paint technicians use spray equipment to apply paint, cellulose and other protective or decorative materials to the bodywork of motor vehicles.
More about this Career
New workers start around £15248. Normal pay is £24761 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £35201.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Cleans and maintains spray equipment, protective clothing and spraying booth.
- Removes masking materials and refits external fittings after completion of spraying.
- Uses hand or electrostatic spray gun to coat surfaces, adjusting nozzle and pressure valves of the gun as required.
- Consults vehicle colour code, chooses appropriate paint or mixes paint to achieve desired consistency and colour.
- Applies masking material to protect areas not to be coated and removes any external fixtures.
Skills Employers are looking for