Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Engineers
Jobholders in this unit group install, service and repair air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in factories, offices, shops and homes.
More about this Career
New workers start around £20611. Normal pay is £34650 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £53329.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Carries our maintenance checks and repairs.
- Inspects and tests the installation.
- Plans work schedule and installs the system.
- Produces detailed estimate of costs of the work.
- Plans layout of the system (pipework, ducts and control panels).
- Examines the proposed site to establish if installation plans are practical.
Skills Employers are looking for