Groundsmen and Greenkeepers
Groundsmen and greenkeepers cut and lay turf and maintain areas for golf courses and other sports grounds.
More about this Career
New workers start around £14536. Normal pay is £20032 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32242.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Rolls, mows and waters grass, marks out pitches.
- Monitors and maintains the quality and condition of turf.
- Moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs appropriate landscaping features and maintains such features.
- Cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf.
- Levels ground and installs drainage system as required.
Skills Employers are looking for