Gardeners and Landscape Gardeners
Gardeners and landscape gardeners cultivate flowers, trees, shrubs and other plants in public and private gardens, construct features to improve the appearance of existing terrain, and cut and lay turf.
More about this Career
New workers start around £8707. Normal pay is £19829 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31916.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Performs general garden maintenance.
- Moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs paths, rockeries, ponds and other features.
- Prepares or interprets garden design plans.
- Cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf.
- Protects plants from pests and diseases.
- Prepares soil and plants and transplants, prunes, weeds and otherwise tends plant life.
- Levels ground and installs drainage system as required.
Skills Employers are looking for