Receptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
More about this Career
New workers start around £6326. Normal pay is £12933 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £21161.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Maintains reception area in good order.
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency.
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients.
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries.
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department.
Skills Employers are looking for