Company secretaries (excluding qualified chartered secretaries) file and maintain company records, translate notes and dictation into typewritten form and perform other clerical tasks within commercial organisations.
More about this Career
New workers start around £4710. Normal pay is £9069 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £17259.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Ensures office supplies such as stationery and equipment are maintained.
- Undertakes reception responsibilities by greeting visitors and arranging refreshments.
- Answers, screens, handles and directs telephone requests and enquiries, takes messages and forwards to the appropriate member of staff.
- Arranges meetings, circulates agenda and other meeting documents, attends meetings, and takes and prepares minutes.
- Keeps appointments diary, makes travel arrangements and arranges conference and other functions.
- Files and retrieves documents, sets up and maintains filing systems and reproduces copies of documentation as required.
- Deals directly with routine correspondence.
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (both hard copy and electronic).
Skills Employers are looking for