Library Clerks and Assistants
Library clerks and assistants classify, sort and file publications, documents, audio-visual and computerised material in libraries and offices.
More about this Career
New workers start around £5216. Normal pay is £15722 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £22935.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Performs simple repairs on old books.
- Classifies, labels and indexes new books.
- Issues library material and records date of issue/ due date for return.
- Locates and retrieves material on request for borrowers.
- Sorts, catalogues and maintains library records.
Skills Employers are looking for