National Government Administrative Occupations
Job holders in this unit group undertake a variety of administrative and clerical duties in national government departments, and in local offices of national government departments.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13006. Normal pay is £23195 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32180.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks such as proof reading printed material, drafting letters, taking minutes etc.
- Responds to telephone enquiries and other forms of correspondence.
- Classifies, sorts and files publications, correspondence etc. in offices and libraries.
- Maintains and updates correspondence, documents, data and other records for storage in files or on computer.
- Undertakes administrative duties specific to the operation of HM Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government.
- Assists senior government officers with policy work, external liaison or general administrative work.
Skills Employers are looking for