Paramedics provide first aid and life support treatment in emergency situations and transport sick and injured people who require skilled treatment.
More about this Career
New workers start around £24592. Normal pay is £39591 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58337.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Briefs other medical staff when handing over the patient, and completes patient report forms describing the patient.
- Transports and accompanies patients who either require or potentially require skilled treatment whilst travelling.
- Resuscitates and/or stabilises patient using relevant techniques, equipment and drugs.
- Assesses the nature of injuries, provides first aid treatment and ascertains appropriate method of conveying patient.
- Drives ambulance or accompanies driver to respond to calls for assistance at accidents, emergencies and other incidents.
Skills Employers are looking for