Quality Assurance Technicians
Quality assurance technicians perform a variety of technical inspections and testing and monitoring tasks to detect processing, manufacturing and other defects.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16966. Normal pay is £22835 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37357.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Liaises with production engineers and staff to maintain the quality of output and to develop quality management systems.
- Assists quality control engineers in undertaking production audits.
- Supervises the work of routine inspection staff and notes any defects reported.
- Analyses and interprets the results of tests undertaken and writes up reports upon completion.
- Sets up scientific, electronic, or other technical equipment to perform functional and inspection tests.
Skills Employers are looking for