Quality Control and Planning Engineers
Quality control and planning engineers plan production schedules, work sequences, and manufacturing and processing procedures to ensure accuracy, quality and reliability.
More about this Career
New workers start around £21162. Normal pay is £39104 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £68061.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Oversees effective implementation of adopted processes, schedules and procedures.
- Prepares plan of sequence of operations and completion dates for each phase of production or processing.
- Analyses plans, drawings, specifications and safety, quality, accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements.
- Prepares work flow charts for individual departments and compiles detailed instructions on processes, work methods and quality and safety standards for workers.
- Ensures accuracy of machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges and other manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Devises inspection, testing and evaluation methods for bought-in materials, components, semi-finished and finished products.
Skills Employers are looking for