Quantity surveyors advise on financial and contractual matters relating to, and prepare bills of quantities for, construction projects and provide other support functions concerning the financing and materials required for building projects.
More about this Career
New workers start around £22209. Normal pay is £46078 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £76720.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Measures and values completed contract for authorisation of payment.
- Measures and values work in progress and examines any deviations from original contract.
- Examines tenders received, advises client on the most acceptable and assists with preparation of a contract document.
- Prepares bills of quantities for use by contractors when tendering for work.
- Examines plans and specifications and prepares details of the material and labour required for the project.
- Liaises with client on project costs, formulates detailed cost plan and advises contractors and engineers to ensure that they remain within cost limit.
Skills Employers are looking for