Town Planning Officers
Town planning officers direct or undertake the planning of the layout and the co-ordination of plans for the development of urban and rural areas.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17310. Normal pay is £30831 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £51334.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Liaises with national and local government and other bodies to advise on urban and regional planning issues.
- Examines and evaluates development proposals submitted and recommends acceptance, modification or rejection.
- Drafts and presents graphic and narrative plans affecting the use of public and private land, housing and transport facilities.
- Consults statutory bodies and other interested parties to ensure that local interests are catered for and to evaluate competing development proposals.
- Analyses information to establish the nature, extent, growth rate and likely development requirements of the area.
Skills Employers are looking for