Architects plan and design the construction and development of buildings and land areas with regard to functional and aesthetic requirements.
More about this Career
New workers start around £22019. Normal pay is £37021 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £61641.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Prepares detailed scale drawings and specifications for design and construction and submits these for planning approval.
- Analyses site survey and advises client on development and construction details and ensures that proposed design blends in with the surrounding area.
- Studies condition and characteristics of site, taking into account drainage, topsoil, trees, rock formations, etc..
- Liaises with client and other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and landscaping requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for