Hotel and Accommodation Managers and Proprietors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hotels, hostels, lodging homes, holiday camps, holiday flats and chalets, and organise the domestic, catering, and entertainment facilities on passenger ships.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13489. Normal pay is £20539 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37893.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and ensures adherence to licensing and other statutory regulations.
- Approves and arranges shipboard entertainment and shore trips and liaises with ship.
- Ensures physical comfort of residents or passengers and makes special arrangements for children, the elderly and the infirm if required.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Analyses demand and decides on type, standard and cost of services to be offered.
Skills Employers are looking for