Managers and Proprietors in Agriculture and Horticulture
Managers and proprietors in this unit group plan, organise and co-ordinate the activities and resources of farming establishments cultivating arable crops, fruits, trees and shrubs, and/or raising cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry. Managers and proprietors in horticulture oversee the production of plants for wholesale and/or retail.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13752. Normal pay is £26106 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £48164.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Markets and arranges for the sale of crops, livestock and other farm or horticultural produce.
- Plans intensity and sequence of farm or horticultural operations and orders seed, fertiliser, equipment and other supplies.
- Decides or advises on the types of crops and/or produce to be grown or livestock raised.
- Produces and maintains records of production, finance and breeding.
- Determines financial, staffing and other short and long-term needs.
Skills Employers are looking for