Managers and Directors in Storage and Warehousing
Managers and directors in storage and warehousing plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and warehousing of goods and for the maintenance of stocks at an optimal level.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16270. Normal pay is £25722 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £44976.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Decides on storage conditions for particular items, allocates warehouse space and arranges for regular stock inspections to detect deterioration or damage.
- Prepares reports on expenditure and advises on materials and parts standardisation, future stores and stock control policies.
- Advises purchasing department on type, quality and quantity of goods required and dates by which they must be available.
- Reviews, develops and implements stock control, handling and distribution policies to maximise use of space, money, labour and other resources.
- Liaises with production, maintenance, sales and other departments to determine the materials and other items required for current and future production schedules and sales commitments.
Skills Employers are looking for