Information Technology and Telecommunications Directors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
More about this Career
New workers start around £7279. Normal pay is £39648 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £86111.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation.
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects.
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy.
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels.
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation.
Skills Employers are looking for