Kitchen and Catering Assistants
Workers in this unit group assist in the preparation and service of food and beverages in restaurants, cafés and other eating establishments, and perform various cleaning, fetching and carrying tasks.
More about this Career
New workers start around £2496. Normal pay is £9544 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £18398.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Keeps service area well stocked.
- Prepares and serves beverages and light refreshments, accepts payment and gives change.
- Cleans and tidies service area, kitchen surfaces, crockery, cutlery, glassware, kitchen utensils and disposes of rubbish.
- Carries meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs from delivery van to storeroom and from storeroom to kitchen.
- Cleans or prepares food for cooks by hand or machine.
Skills Employers are looking for