Packers, Bottlers, Canners and Fillers
Jobholders in this unit group pack, wrap, fill, label and seal containers by hand or machine.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13502. Normal pay is £21207 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32041.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Packs specialist items according to specifications and completes necessary documentation.
- Labels goods by hand or machine.
- Examines cans, bottles and seals and rejects any that are faulty.
- Loads machine with packaging containers, materials, adhesive, etc., loads hopper with items to be packaged/wrapped, monitors filling, wrapping and packaging, adjusts controls as necessary and clears any blockages.
- Packs heavy goods in crates and boxes using hoist, mobile crane or similar lifting equipment.
- Fills tubes, ampoules, bottles, drums, barrels, bags, sacks, cans, boxes and other containers by hand using measuring/weighing aid or by positioning container under feeder spout.
- Selects appropriate cylinder, ensures that there is no corrosion or other damage and fills with gas.
Skills Employers are looking for