Printing Machine Assistants
Printing machine assistants set and operate letterpress, platen or cylinder, lithographic and photogravure printing machines, photocopiers, office printers, duplication machines and other reprographic equipment.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17226. Normal pay is £25614 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41645.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Sets and operates presses for stamping patterns and labels on textiles, clothing, pottery, footwear and other leather goods.
- Sets and operates machines for cutting paper to specified dimensions or for folding or binding to produce finished paper items.
- Carries out routine maintenance and cleaning of printing machine.
- Starts reprographic or printing machine and monitors operation for paper misfeeds and error messages, removes blockages and replaces damaged paper, and monitors quality of output.
- Loads photocopiers, office printers, duplication machines and other reprographic equipment with stationery.
- Sets controls to control the speed, pressure and ink flow of printing machine.
- Positions printing plates, loads inks into reservoirs and loads paper rolls or sheets into printing press.
Skills Employers are looking for