Electroplaters operate continuous plant to coat metal parts and articles electrolytically, form metal articles by electro- and vacuum-deposition, dip and spray articles with another metal, plastic powder or other material and treat articles chemically to produce desired surface finishes.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16286. Normal pay is £25302 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £40266.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Removes article from solution and centrifuges, if necessary, to remove excess molten metal before cooling.
- Immerses articles in plating solutions or sprays article until required thickness of coating has been deposited.
- Sets machine, plant, or equipment controls to regulate electric current and temperature of molten zinc, tin, chromium, copper or other non-ferrous metal.
- Fits appropriate nozzle on spray gun, loads spray gun with appropriate coating material and prepares electrolytic solutions.
- Masks area not to be covered with wax, resistant adhesive tape or other material.
- Cleans and rinses article or pre-shaped form to be coated.
Skills Employers are looking for