Plastics Process Operatives
Plastics process operatives attend and operate moulding, extruding, thermoforming, calendering, covering, cutting and other process equipment to make and repair plastic products.
More about this Career
New workers start around £17126. Normal pay is £24042 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £38261.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Makes artificial eyes and contact lens discs, and makes and repairs spectacle frames and plastic parts of artificial limbs and other orthopaedic appliances.
- Trims, cuts and performs other finishing operations on plastic using hand and machine tools.
- Inspects plastic products for defects, takes measurements and repairs plastic belting and sheathing.
- Monitors controls regulating temperature, pressure, etc. and operates moulding, extruding, calendering, thermoforming and covering machines.
- Weighs and mixes ingredients, loads machine with plastic to be worked or regulates flow from feed conveyor or hopper.
- Prepares machine for operation by affixing any necessary attachments.
Skills Employers are looking for