Undertakers, Mortuary and Crematorium Assistants
Undertakers, mortuary and crematorium assistants make funeral arrangements for clients, prepare the deceased for burial or cremation, and supervise and assist the proceedings of funerals.
More about this Career
New workers start around £13445. Normal pay is £26547 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £42088.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Controls the operations of crematoriums and cemeteries and processes legal documentation.
- Provides hearse and funeral cars and leads funeral procession.
- Washes and injects body with sterilising fluid to prevent deterioration prior to funeral, and applies cosmetics, wax and other materials to restore normal appearance.
- Liaises with cemetery or crematorium authorities on behalf of client.
- Interviews relative or representative of the deceased to discuss preparations for funeral.
- Collects body of deceased and assists with the completion of necessary documents.
Skills Employers are looking for