Care Workers and Home Carers
Care workers and home carers attend to the personal needs and comforts of the elderly and the infirm with care and support needs (‘service users’) within residential care establishments, day care establishments or in their own homes.
More about this Career
New workers start around £6797. Normal pay is £17835 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £29222.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Liaises with professional staff in carrying out care plans etc.
- Monitors service users.
- Undertakes light cleaning and domestic duties including meal preparation as required.
- Helps with daily activities such as letter writing, paying bills, collecting benefits.
- Provides interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user.
- Generally assists with service users.
- Serves meals to service users at table or in bed, and assists with feeding if required.
- Assists and enables service users to dress, undress, wash, use the toilet and bathe.
Skills Employers are looking for